Wednesday 1 June 2011

Senior/Middle School Young Women

There is no better way for the Community to know what is happening at Tiwi College than to hear what the students themselves have to say about their school life. Have a safe and relaxing Bush Holiday and see you all next semester! Ms. Georgie.

This semester I have learnt how to write in paragraphs, write proper sentences, use a computer wisely, spell difficult words, use punctuation, edit my work, analyse advertisements, write a news report expressing my opinion and studied a film text. I feel I have really improved my English. I went to Melbourne for 3 days representing Tiwi College as the girls’ School Captain. I also went to Darwin for workshops, participated in the NT Girls’ under 16’s Football Team and I have also been to Darwin to Try a Trade at Charles Darwin University. I have met new people and have had lots of fun. I started to enjoy school this semester because I have achieved some goals and had lots of great opportunities. By Stanalisha.

I used to be a student at St John’s College. Being there, I got to go everywhere. I went to Brisbane for N.T Soccer. I went to Sydney to see what university is like. I travelled overseas to Ireland. I had an opportunity to stay at St John’s, but I didn’t. I felt so home sick that I wanted to come home and continue my education somewhere close to family. This is why I decided to come to Tiwi College. Now I feel at home and I feel safe. I started to enjoy school. I have noticed a big change in myself at this school. I started to have a good attitude. I improved my behaviour. I started to listen to teachers. I finished my work. I have changed a lot since I have been here. Next semester will be a good one too. I will work extra hard to focus and finish all my work. I will complete everything and I will come to school every day. By Leah.

No comments: